Michigan Womyn's Music Festival
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
The Bonnie J. Morris Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival collection consist of approximately 0.5 linear feet of personal items from the Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival dating approximately from 1995 to 2015. The collection includes journals, stage notes, and ephemera.
The Emily Dievendorf papers contain letters, resources, and ephemera relating to her activism as Executive Director of Equality Michigan, advocating for the inclusion of transgender women at the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival and for the rights of trans-, pan-, and other sexual minorities in advocacy that reached the White House in 2012.
The Janis Walworth Camp Trans collection consist of approximately 2 linear feet of material compiled by Janis Walworth from 1991 to 1994. The collection includes literature and surveys distributed at the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival, photographs, publications that mention Camp Trans and their participants, and a banner used in 1994.
The Jennifer A. Shoub Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival collection consist of approximately 1.5 linear feet of ephemera and personal items from the Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival dating approximately from 1981 to 1987.
The Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival records (1976-2015) contain crew guides and handbooks, maps, banners, t-shirts, programs, brochures, posters, meeting minutes, correspondence, inventories, press clippings, as well as recordings and photographs taken during the festival. The collection gives an insight of the intense effort and amount of coordination it took to make the festival possible, and how it evolved and grew more complex with each iteration.
- Women's music festivals -- Michigan -- History -- Sources 4
- Ephemera 3
- Photographs 3
- Lesbian culture -- Michigan -- History -- Sources 2
- Records (Documents) 2
- T-shirts 2
- Women's music -- Michigan -- History -- Sources 2
- Banners 1
- Beta (Betamax) 1
- Brochures 1
- Civil rights movements -- Michigan -- History -- Sources 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- DVDs 1
- Diaries 1
- Feminism and music -- Michigan -- Sources 1
- Fliers (Ephemera) 1
- Handbooks and manuals 1
- Notes (documents) 1
- Open reel audiotapes 1
- Posters 1
- Programs (Publications) 1
- Protest movements -- Michigan -- Sources 1
- Public opinion polls 1
- Sexual minorities -- Civil rights -- Michigan -- Sources 1
- Thematic maps 1
- Transgender people -- Civil rights -- Michigan -- Sources 1
- Transgender women -- Civil rights -- Michigan -- Sources 1
- Transphobia -- Michigan -- Sources 1
- VHS 1 + ∧ less