Harvey M. Choldin papers
Scope and Content
The Harvey M. Choldin papers contain reports relating to the Pakistan Academy for Village/Rural Development. There are also materials and reports relating to the Director, Akhter Hameed Khan. There are also reports relating to the Agro-Economic Research Center, East-West Center, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, as well as India and Pakistan.
- 1950 - 1976
- Choldin, Harvey M. (Donor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Born April 3, 1939 in Chicago, Illinois, Harvey M. Choldin received his B.A. in 1960, M.A. in 1963, and his Ph.D in 1965 from the University of Chicago. From 1964 to 1965, Choldin worked for the Population Council, Inc. as a demographic analyst. He was stationed at the Pakistan Academy for Rural Development. While there, he met many Michigan State University employees working on the project.
Choldin became an Assistant Professor in Sociology at MSU in September of 1965 and held the position until August 1969. He then became a professor of sociology at the University of Illinois from 1969-1997.
2.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University, except where noted on the publication.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Agriculture -- Economic aspects -- Pakistan
- Agriculture -- Pakistan
- Annual reports
- Choldin, Harvey M.
- Khan, Akhter Hameed
- Pakistan -- Rural conditions
- Pakistan Academy for Rural Development, Comilla
- Pakistan Institute of Development Economics
- Rural development -- International cooperation
- Rural development -- Pakistan
- Harvey M. Choldin Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- K. Grimm
- September 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.