Earle Edward Hotchin papers
Scope and Contents
The Earle Hotchin papers consist of a scrapbook containing athletic schedules, ribbons, menus, postcards, photographs of Constantine, Michigan and student life at Michigan Agricultural College,and programs from the Military Hop, Eunomian Literary Society parties, the M.A.C. Carnival, and other activities.
- 1908 - 1912
- Hotchin, Earle Edward (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Earle Edward Hotchin, of Constantine, Michigan, earned his B.S. in Civil Engineering from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1912. While at M.A.C., he was a member and president of the Eunomian Literary Society (Sigma Nu Fraternity), the Engineering Society, the Dramatic Club, Tau Beta Pi Fraternity (an engineering honorary), the Student Council (1911-1912), and the Liberal Arts Union. He also participated in Class Football (Manager, 1912) and Class Basketball, was class secretary in the 1910-1911 year, and was Athletic Director of the 1911 Wolverine. Hotchin later became a Fire Prevention Engineer for Michigan Millers Mutual Fire Insurance Company in Lansing, Michigan, and he resided in East Lansing.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 volume)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Constantine (Mich.)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Eunomian Literary Society
- Michigan Agricultural College. Student Council
- Michigan State University. Class of 1912
- Michigan State University. Dramatic Club
- Michigan State University. Engineering Society
- Sigma Nu. Epsilon Rho Chapter (Michigan State University)
- Tau Beta Pi. Alpha Chapter (Michigan State University)
- Earle Edward Hotchin Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- D. Sadler
- August 1980
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.