Oliver Corporation collection
Scope and Contents
The collection includes business records, newspaper clippings, catalogs, centennial articles, and historical data related to the Oliver Corporation and its owners. Also included in the collection are photographs from the Centennial of Oliver Corporation, ranging from the banquet that was held to the plant tours given by the executives. There are also photographs of Oliver Corporation train cars, board members, and a group photograph of the National Association of Thresher Manufacturers from 1898.
- 1870 - 1961
- Oliver Corporation (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Oliver Corporation began in 1848 as John Nichols' blacksmith shop and foundry in Battle Creek, Michigan. Nichols later entered into partnership with David Shepard to establish Nichols, Shepard & Co., Inc. which manufactured threshing equipment. The company became a part of the Oliver Farm Equipment Co. in 1929, and in 1944, after a series of mergers, became the Oliver Corp., manufacturers of a wide range of agricultural equipment. The company celebrated its centennial in 1948.
0.5 Cubic Feet (, 11 volumes )
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Agricultural machinery -- Catalogs
- Agricultural machinery -- Maintenance and repair
- Agricultural machinery industry
- Agriculture -- Periodicals
- Battle Creek (Mich.)
- Battle Creek enquirer (Battle Creek, Mich. : 1907)
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Military supplies
- Minutes (administrative records)
- Oliver Farm Equipment Company
- Threshing machines
- Oliver Corporation Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.