Duplex Truck Company records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the records of the Duplex Power Car Company and the Duplex Truck Company. Included in these records are articles of association, correspondence, patent certificates, reports of audits from 1917 to 1955, as well as profit and loss statements for the same years. Also found in the collection are stock certificates from 1916 to 1955, stockholders records and minute books of meetings, records of agreements regarding labor conditions and land purchase, circuit court records, and other documents relating to the company.
- 1909 - 1955
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Duplex Power Car Company was founded in 1909 in Charlotte, Michigan, and produced mostly trucks and truck-related machinery until it was reorganized into the Duplex Truck Company in 1916. The Duplex Truck Company was a prominent builder and supplier of trucks to private companies as well as government agencies during the years between 1916 and 1955. In 1955 Warner and Swasey Company purchased the Duplex Truck Company and the Duplex division closed in 1975.
3 Cubic Feet (, 12 volumes on shelf.)
Language of Materials
Organization of the Records
These records are organized into 3 series
- The Duplex Power Car Company, 1909-1915
- The Duplex Truck Company, 1916-1955
Gift of Duplex Division, Warner and Swasey Co., 1975-10-17.
Copyright: Michigan State University Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Duplex Truck Company Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.