Institute of International Agriculture records
Scope and Contents
The records of the Institute of International Agriculture include reports from the Program for Research on Food for Peace directed by Laurence Witt. There are also articles and reports relating to health practices in India, characteristics of Sarpanchas, a training program in agricultural policy, family planning and population control, use of machines for agriculture production, United Kingdom Grains agreement, and anaerobic storage of small lots of grain. Also included are newsletters, proposal for an unspecified Michigan State University/Kellogg Foundation international project, as well as directories and reports about international projects in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- 1966 - 2009
- Majority of material found within 1966 - 1994
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
An office for international programs has existed in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at Michigan State University since 1961. In 1964 the Economic and Agriculture Development Institute was created and appeared to be a separate office from the International Programs in the College of Agriculture. In 1965 the Institute of International Agriculture was created and administered by the Office of International Programs and the College of Agriculture.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Agricultural assistance
- Agricultural education
- Annual reports
- Bean/Cowpea Collaborative Research Support Program
- Birth control -- India
- Developing countries
- Economic assistance, American
- Food supply
- Health -- India
- Michigan State University. College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Michigan State University. Economic and Agricultural Development Institute
- Michigan State University. International Programs
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Michigan State University. Institute of International Agriculture (Donor, Organization)
- Institute of International Agriculture Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US