Emil Conrad Volz papers
Scope and Contents
The papers of Emil Volz consist of a scrapbook containing postcards and photographs depicting student life, students, campus scenes, scenes from Pine Lake (Lake Lansing), Michigan, faculty, and athletic events at Michigan Agricultural College. It also contains programs from various campus social functions, numerous dance cards, menus, ribbons, and many items relating to football at Michigan Agricultural College.
- 1910 - 1914
- Volz, Emil Conrad (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Emil Conrad Volz, of Saginaw, Michigan, earned his B.S. degree in agriculture from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1914. While at M.A.C., Volz was a member of the Eunomian Literary Society (Sigma Nu Fraternity), the Horticulture Club, Alpha Zeta Fraternity (an agriculture honorary), the Intersociety Union (Panhellenic Council), and the Liberal Arts Union. He was manager of the Glee and Mandolin Club, Associate Editor of the 1912 Holcad, and Editor of the 1913 Wolverine. Volz earned his M.S. degree from Cornell University in 1918. After a number of academic positions, he became a professor at Iowa State University in Ames. He specialized in home flower growing and the effects of organic material and water on green house crops.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 volume)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Alpha Zeta. Kedzie Chapter (Michigan State University)
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan Agricultural College. Intersociety Union
- Michigan State College. Eunomian Literary Society
- Michigan State University. Class of 1914
- Michigan State University. Glee and Mandolin Club
- Michigan State University. Horticulture Club
- Michigan State University. Liberal Arts Union
- Michigan State University. Panhellenic Council
- Sigma Nu. Epsilon Rho Chapter (Michigan State University)
- Emil Conrad Volz Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.