Peter Berg papers
Scope and Contents
Peter Berg papers consist of a paper "Welfare Capitalism and Worker Response at the REO Motor Car Company, 1916-1929," which was written by the donor for History 901, June 1983. The paper discusses the welfare capitalism program at the REO Motor Car Company of Lansing, Michigan. REO Motor Car Company of Lansing, Michigan, was founded by R. E. Olds. The welfare capitalism program was established there by 1919 and flourished throughout the 1920s.
- Berg, Peter Iversen (Donor, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Dr. Peter I. Berg is Head of Special Collections and Associate Director for Special Collections & Preservation at Michigan State University. He earned a B.A. (1969), M.A. (1982) and Ph.D. (1996) all from Michigan State University.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 folder)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Business -- Michigan
- Industrial welfare -- Michigan
- Labor -- Michigan -- Lansing
- Michigan State University. Department of History -- General subdivision--Graduate Work; Chronological subdivision--1983.;
- Olds, Ransom Eli, 1864-1950
- Reo Motor Car Company -- General subdivision--Employees; Chronological subdivision--1916-1929.;
- Welfare economics
- Peter Berg Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- P. Hudson
- February 1984
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.