Skip to main content

Calvert Lithographing Company pamphlet

 Collection
Identifier: c-00221

Scope and Contents

This collection consists of a pamphlet published by the Calvert Lithographing Company of Detroit, Michigan. The pamphlet focuses on the production of can labels and includes samples of labels.

Dates

  • undated

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

The Calvert Lithographing Company was founded in 1863 in Detroit, Michigan by Thomas Calvert. In 1950, the firm was sold to a group of Chicago investors. In 1970, the firm was absorbed by the Canadian printing company, Lawson & Jones.

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 folder)

Language of Materials

English

Custodial History

Gift of Calvert Lithographing Company, 1957-09-26. Transferred by Michigan State University Museum

Legal Status

Copyright: Michigan State University. Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Title
Calvert Lithographing Company Pamphlet
Status
4 Published And Cataloged
Date
August 1964
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330