Instructional and Public Television records
Scope and Contents
The Instructional and Public Television records consist of materials related to WMSB-TV and WKAR-TV including press releases, policy, brochures, reports, and program information. The collection also includes audio-visual materials such as photographs, film and video. These AV materials include Commencements and State of the University events.
- 1951 - 2004
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Instructional and Public Television began operations in 1951, although it did not air until 1954. In 1977, Television Broadcasting (earlier known as Television Department and WKAR-TV, 1951-1958) merged with Instructional Television Services (earlier known as Closed Circuit TV) to form Instructional and Public Television. Since 1980, IPTV has been administered jointly by Lifelong Education Programs and the College of Communication Arts and Sciences.
2 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Right: Michigan State University
- Clinton, Bill, 1946-
- Commencement ceremonies
- Commencement ceremonies -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- DiBiaggio, John A., 1932-
- Guyer, Gordon E. (Gordon Earl)
- Michigan State University. Instructional Television Services
- Public television
- Simon, Lou Anna Kimsey
- Television -- History
- WKAR-TV (Television station : East Lansing, Mich.)
- Instructional and Public Television Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.