Infrastructure Planning and Facilities (formerly Physical Plant) records
Scope and Contents
The Physical Plant records include reports, summaries, evaluations, and facility surveys for the Michigan State University campus. Information is primarily of a technical nature.
Also included are 13 aerial photographs of campus which show the entire campus as of April, 1967. The numbers referred to are those used by the photographer and also relates to the accompanying small-scale grid finding aid.
Other photographs in the collection include campus farms, farm houses, campus buildings, W.P.A Garage, the stadium under construction, and the dedication of IM East in 1989
The collection includes microfiche of building plans for Pewabic Pottery and Camp Shaw 4-H Camp in Chatham Michigan.
The "Save Our Sparty" series contains photographs, negatives, memoranda, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and other materials documenting the 1988-1989 restoration of the Spartan statue.
The collection incluldes the Water Quality Reports issued each year for the campus of the University.
The Electronic Resources include correspondence in the form of e-mail memos and attachments; photographs of murals in the Multicultural Center of the MSU Union, along with a document detailing the transfer of those photos to UAHC; the Facilities Focus employee newsletter; and an MSU Construction: 2016 video file.
- 1941 - 2016
- Michigan State University. Physical Plant Division (Organization)
- Michigan State University. Infrasturcture Planning and Facilities (Organization)
- Jungwirth, Irene G. (Irene Gayas) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Photographs of the Union Building Transformer Room are restricted.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Physical Plant reported to the Secretary of the Board of Trustees from its inception in 1944 through 1959, at which time authority over its operations was transferred to the Vice President for Finance and Operations and Treasurer. It has also been known as the Buildings and Utilities Division. Physical Plant's name was changed to Infrastructure Planning and Facilities.
2 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Preservica Public URL
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Campus planning -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College buildings
- College facilities -- Maintenance and repair
- Electronic mail messages
- Jungwirth, Leonard D.
- Michigan State University. Buildings
- Michigan State University. Camp Shaw
- Michigan State University. Save Our Sparty Committee
- Michigan State University. Sparty (Statue)
- Mural painting and decoration
- Negatives (Photographs)
- Sculpture -- Conservation and restoration
- Physical Plant Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- August 1986
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.