Skip to main content

College of Natural Science records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-15.10

Scope and Contents

The records of the College of Natural Science include faculty and fellowship applications (1964), records pertaining to the National Science Foundation (1964-1965), materials on science education in general, nursing, genetics, and medical school information, papers pertaining to Sigma Xi Science Honorary (1961-1967), and miscellaneous reports and correspondence.

Annual Reports for 1963 through 1969 are available. There are also serials attributed to this College: #481 Natural Science College Alumni Association, and #631 Science Serves You.

The electronic resource series includes the College of Natural Science 2005 Kedzie Reunion (formerly called the Patriarch's Reunion) alumni stories. Alumni from 1955 and earlier shared their stories during the College of Natural Science breakfast on June 10, 2005 at the Kellogg Center. Alumni include George Leroi- Dean of College of Natural Science; Keith Williams- Director of Alumni Association; Martha Davidson- class of 1949; Dale Hissong- class of 1951; Pat Hornbeck- class of 1948; Shirley Cresswell- class of 1941; Dwane Norris- class of 1950; Andrew Hart- class of 1949; Bruce Beckert- class of 1952; Rosemary Severance- class of 1948; Elizabeth Rimpau- class of 1949; Betty Leiby- class of 1947; Richard Byerrum- professor emeritus biochemistry; Lambert Osen- class of 1955; Aelred Geis- class of 1951; Samuel Mallory- class of 1954; Alain Corcos- class of 1951; Bonnie Stuart- class of 1952; Shirley Clark- class of 1946; Howard Pennington- class of 1955; Ted Leipprandt- class of 1955.

Dates

  • 1956 - 2012

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

The College of Natural Science was created in 1962 to provide programs for MSU students in biological, physical, and mathematical sciences. Predecessor units include the Applied Science Division (1921-1944) and the Science and Arts College (1944-1962) which included Biological Sciences and Mathematics and Physical Science Divisions.

Through its 24 departments and programs, the College of Natural Science has earned an international reputation for strong research and academic programs. The breadth of research in the College allows students to enhance their education by participating in research projects in labs on campus and field locations throughout the world.

Extent

1.5 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

English

Legal Status

Copyright: Michigan State University.

Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Title
College of Natural Science Records
Status
4 Published And Cataloged
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330