Skip to main content

Cedar Camp history

 Collection
Identifier: UA-28.16

Scope and Contents

This collection records the history of Cedar Camp, a cabin in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, used by a group of Michigan State University Extension staff as a deer hunting retreat. The documents were collected by John McKinney. The collection consists of computer printed documents, photocopies, and computer printed photographs. Included are yearly camp summaries with rosters; correspondence; maps; accounts of camp life; and miscellaneous hunting articles. Also included, is poetry about Cedar Camp and hunting by Russell Nelson Johnson. Additional pages were added in March 2006.

Dates

  • 1952 - 2004

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

Cedar Camp was a cabin in Menominee County in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan used by a group of Michigan State University Extension staff as a deer hunting retreat from 1952 to 2004.

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet (1 folder)

Language of Materials

English

Legal Status

Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Processing Information

Record group changed from c.00567 to UA 28.16 to reflect the collection's connection to MSU. -M. Badgley-Malone, March 2022.

Title
Cedar Camp History
Status
3 Ready For Cataloging
Author
S. Roberts
Date
March 2003
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330