Donaldson & Meier Architects records (c.00594)
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of records from the architectural firm of Donaldson and Meier relating to the building of Beaumont Tower. The materials include original plans, structural calculations, drawings of plaques, a blueprint map of the circle area of campus, and photographs. The photographs include an image of laying the cornerstone, images of the tower in various stages of completion, Donaldson in front of the tower, dedication day, and dedication day with student body.
- 1927 - 1932
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The architectural firm Donaldson & Meier was founded in 1880 by John Donaldson and Henry Meier in Detroit, Michigan. John Donaldson was born on January 17, 1854, in Stirling, Scotland. His family came to the United States when he was two. He studied in Europe and returned to Detroit in 1874. Meier died in 1917 and Donaldson died on December 20, 1941 in Detroit.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 3 folders)
Language of Materials
A Gift of Edwin E. Meier.
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Donaldson & Meier Architects Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- S. Roberts
- May 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description