Instructional Media Center records
Scope and Contents
The Instructional Media Center collection consists of correspondence, financial records, and information about services. There are also a few reports about University of the Air as well as closed circuit television.
The collection also contains photographs, negatives, contact sheets and slides. Images include the construction of the Breslin Center and Communication Arts Center, Michigan State University (MSU) retirement ceremonies, the 1992 U.S. Presidential debate held on campus, distinguished staff awards, MSU presidents and other MSU related events and people. The collection also contains VHS tapes with footage of the MSU Basketball’s 2000 NCAA Champions, retirement ceremonies, staff awards, and dedication of the Breslin Center.
Electronic Resources includes several types of documents, including pricing and billing, service descriptions, procedural, marketing, other administrative documents.
- 1960 - 2006
- Michigan State University. Instructional Media Center (Organization)
- Combs, William H. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Instructional Media Center was created in 1951 as Audio Visual Aids. In 1959, the name changed to the Audio Visual Center. In 1965, it became the Instructional Media Center. In 2008, the photography and video elements moved to Media Communications and the remainder merged with the Academic Computing and Network Service (ACNS). Shortly later in that same year ACNS was reorganized and the name changed to Academic Technology Services.
6 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Preservica Public URL
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- Audio-visual equipment
- Audio-visual materials
- Educational Media Council
- Financial statements
- Instructional materials industry
- Jack Breslin Student Events Center
- Michigan State University. Distinguished Faculty Award
- Michigan State University. Sports. Basketball
- Michigan State University. University of the Air
- Negatives (Photographs)
- Video recordings
- Michigan State University. Instructional Media Center (Donor, Organization)
- Instructional Media Center Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- K. Grimm
- October 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.