John Covode papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists microfilm containing John Covode's correspondence and a draft report he prepared on conditions in the Mississippi Valley after the Civil War. Correspondents include Thomas E. Cochrane, Andrew Gregg Curtin, Edwin McMasters Stanton, Gideon Wells, and Henry White.
- 1854 - 1870
- Covode, John, 1808-1871 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Terms Governing Use and Reproduction
Reproduction and publication restricted, Mauscript Division, Library of Congress.
Biographical / Historical
John Covode (1808-1871) was a U.S. representative from Pennsylvania and abolitionist.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 reel of microfilm (100 items))
Language of Materials
Location of Originals
John Covode Papers, Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, 2nd St. and Independence Ave., S.E., Washington, D.C. 20540, USA.
Microfilm. Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, circa 1967. 1 reel ; 35 mm.
- Cochrane, Thomas E. (Correspondent)
- Curtin, Andrew Gregg, 1815-1894 (Correspondent)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Mississippi River Valley -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877)
- Stanton, Edwin M. (Edwin McMasters), 1814-1869 (Correspondent)
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States. Congress. Joint Committee on Reconstruction
- Welles, Gideon, 1802-1878 (Correspondent)
- White, Henry, Pennsylvania legislator (Correspondent)
- John Covode Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Language of description
- Script of description