Alvin Crossman Pratt papers
Scope and Contents
Alvin Crossman Pratt papers consist of a scrapbook and memorabilia, primarily from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University), but including some items from Pratt's years as a student at Lansing High School. The scrapbook contains invitations, letters, postcards, photographs, posters, and programs from dances and parties, as well as from the Semi-Centennial Celebration in 1907. Memorabilia also include M.A.C. registration receipts (1904-1907). Also included are three photographs possibly of the MSU power plant. Two images show what appear to be boilers and one image also shows the floor of the building with open holes cut into the floor There is also an image of a power plant with generators.
- 1902 - 1909
- Pratt, Alvin Crossman (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Alvin Crossman Pratt, of Lansing, Michigan, earned his B.S. degree in Engineering from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1907. While at M.A.C., he was a Captain of Company B of the College Military Corps, and he was President of Tau Beta Pi Fraternity (an engineering honorary).
After graduation, he was employed in the Sales Department of Seager Engine Works in Lansing, and later became a Purchasing Agent and Factory Manager at Duplex Truck Company, also in Lansing.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 volume, 4 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan Agricultural College
- Michigan State University. Anniversaries, etc.
- Michigan State University. Cadet Corps -- Chronological subdivision--1903-1907;
- Michigan State University. Class of 1907
- Programs (Publications)
- Schools -- Michigan -- Lansing
- State Agricultural College (Mich.)
- Tau Beta Pi. Alpha Chapter (Michigan State University) -- Chronological subdivision--1905-1907;
- Alvin Crossman Pratt Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.