Hospitality Association records
Scope and Contents
The Hospitality Association records consist of two newsletters: Les Gourmets Journal, 1955 and Hospitality's Best, 2008-2009. Les Gourmets Journal was published by the Les Gourmets club. The issues contain news about members, events, information on short courses, and news relating to the major. Hospitality's Best newsletter contains information about the various hospitality clubs, and events.
- 1955, 2008-2009
- Majority of material found within 2008 - 2009
- Michigan State University. Hospitality Association (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management Club was the precursor for the Hospitality Association. The Hospitality Association is the umbrella group at Michigan State University for a number of hospitality-related student organizations. Les Gourmets is one of these groups. It was founded in 1951 for restaurant management majors. A Les Gourmets dinner is still held annually.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 2 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Food service management
- Michigan State University -- General subdivision--Students;
- Michigan State University. Hospitality Association
- Michigan State University. Les Gourmets
- Michigan State University. Students -- General subdivision--Periodicals.;
- Hospitality Association Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- M. Louzon
- January 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US