Skip to main content

Agricultural Club records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-12.3.42

Scope and Contents

The records of the Agricultural Club contain two copies of the club's constitution along with a later amendment to the constitution. Also contained, is a hardcover journal which served to hold the minutes of the club. The minutes span from 1920 to 1926 and detail the activities of the club, the nominees and officers of the executive board, and, at times, the financial situation of the club.

Dates

  • 1920 - 1926

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

The Agricultural Club was founded in April 1920 under the supervision of Robert S. Shaw, dean of the Division of Agriculture. The club was founded to promote agricultural interest at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University), and made membership available to students taking the Agricultural Course. The executive board of the Agricultural Club would often work with the dean and professors of agriculture to plan activities for its members as well as for the community. These activities ranged from fundraisers to lectures for personal enrichment.

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet (, 2 folders)

Language of Materials

English

Legal Status

Copyright: Michigan State University.

Property Rights: Michigan State University.
Title
Agricultural Club Records
Status
4 Published And Cataloged
Author
M. Louzon
Date
September 2006
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Michigan State University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330