Collation Literary Society records
Scope and Contents
The records of the Collation Literary Society contain the handwritten minutes of the society from 1915 to 1929. The minutes describe discussions held by the society, usually pertaining to course materials and readings. Membership, committees, society politics, and society officers are also mentioned within the minutes.
- 1915 - 1929
- Michigan Agricultural College. Collation Literary Society (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Collation Literary Society appears to be an organization for participants in the two year winter course in agriculture at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University). This course was designed for the students who could not take the four year course but wanted to take some college level courses in agriculture. The two year program taught agriculture, supporting sciences, and English. The Society was developed for the improvement of the men's skills in their courses.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 1 folder)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Agriculture -- Societies, etc.
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Societies and clubs
- Michigan Agricultural College. Collation Literary Society -- Archives
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students. Societies, etc
- Michigan State College. Collation Literary Society -- Archives
- Minutes (Records)
- Collation Literary Society Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- M. Louzon
- September 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.