Abbot Hall publications
Scope and Contents
The collection contains three issues of Abbot Antecdotes for 1954 to 1955 and one issue of A Bit About Abbot for 1957. The issues include the activities of the Dorm Council, upcoming parties, overheard conversations, "social statistics" that tally the relationship status of all girls in the hall, fraternity pinnings, and the results of inter-hall athletic competitions. The September 1955 issue contains information on housemothers, resident assistants, and living facilities.
- 1954 - 1957
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
A Bit About Abbot began in 1957 and was Abbot Hall's monthly, student-run newspaper. Its predecessor was called Abbot Anecdotes.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 2 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- College student newspapers and periodicals -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing -- Periodicals
- Dormitory life -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Abbot Hall (Dormitory)
- Michigan State University. Student housing
- Michigan State University. Students. Periodicals
- Abbot Hall Publications
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- J. Chen
- March 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US