Norman Penlington papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of fifteen manuscript maps drawn by Penlington relating to his research on the Alaska, British Columbia and Yukon Territory Boundary Dispute, 1884-1903. Also included are 10 printed (negative) maps of Alaskan boundaries at the end of the nineteenth century.
There are programs from Lecture-Concert events as well as events held by the Department of Music and the Department of Theatre at Michigan State University. An October 31, 1952 program for "The First Drama Quartette" starred Charles Boyer, Vincent Price, Agnes Moorehead and Cedric Hardwicke in "Don Juan in Hell" and was presented by Michigan State College in association with Paul Gregory.
- 1949 - 1964
- Penlington, Norman (Donor, Person)
- Michigan State University. Lecture-Concert Series (Sponsor, Organization)
- Michigan State University. Department of Theatre (Sponsor, Organization)
- Michigan State University. Department of Music (Sponsor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Norman Penlington was born in England in 1908. He earned his B.A. (1933) and M.A. (1937) from the University of Toronto and his Ph.D. (1946) from the University of California. Penlington joined the faculty at Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) in 1949 to teach humanities in the Basic College. He retired as professor emeritus in 1979. He died August 12, 1999 at the age of 90.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Alaska -- Boundaries -- Canada
- Alaska -- Maps
- Ballet programs -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- British Columbia -- Maps
- Canada -- Boundaries -- United States
- Concert programs
- Michigan State University. Department of Humanities
- Opera programs -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Theater programs
- Theater programs -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Yukon -- Maps
- Norman Penlington Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US