Consortium for the Study of Nigerian Rural Development (CSNRD) records
Scope and Contents
The records document the efforts of the Consortium for the Study of Nigerian Rural Development (Michigan State University, Colorado State University, Kansas State University, Ohio State University, University of Wisconsin, Research Triangle Institute of the University of North Carolina, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Interior,) under contract with the U.S. Agency for International Development to improve agriculture in Nigeria through education, research and investment. The collection documents these efforts with reports, studies, correspondence and bookkeeping records.
- 1964 - 1969
- Michigan State University (Organization)
- Consortium for the Study of Nigerian Rural Development (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Box 263 contains restricted folders.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
In late 1964, the U.S. Agency for International Development contracted with the Consortium for the Study of Nigerian Rural Developnment (Michigan State University, Colorado State University, Kansas State University, Ohio State University, University of Wisconsin, Research Triangle Institute of the University of North Carolina, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Department of Interior) to promote Nigerian agriculture development by establishing agriculture education at the university level; establishing education at the sub-university level and extension work; develop methods of increasing public and private investment in agriculture; organizing agricultural research, and establishing or locating agriculture markets. The project ran through 1969 when civil strife in Nigeria made continuation difficult.
13 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Agriculture -- International cooperation
- Agriculture -- Nigeria
- Colorado State University
- Dike, George K. (George Kimball), 1918-
- Education -- Nigeria
- Education, Higher -- Nigeria
- Eicher, Carl K.
- Financial records
- Johnson, Glenn L.
- Kansas State University
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan State University. International Programs
- Nigeria -- Agriculture
- Ohio State University
- Research Triangle Institute
- Scoville, Orlin J. (Orlin James), 1911-
- United States. Agency for International Development
- United States. Department of Agriculture
- United States. Department of the Interior
- University of Wisconsin
- Michigan State University. International Programs (Donor, Organization)
- Consortium for the Study of Nigerian Rural Development (CSNRD) Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US