Skip to main content

College of Engineering records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-15.2

Scope and Contents

The records of the Engineering College includes material relating to World War I training including the Student Army Training Corps, course information, Committee on Education and Special Training, information on armored vehicles, as well as correspondence. Other records in the collection include surveys and studies of engineering students, alumni information, minutes of faculty meetings for 1967 to 1975, brochures about the college, reports about the college, and a 1960 proposal to the National Science Foundation for research facilities. Photographs relating to the Engineering Building and Shops as well as classes and student organizations can be found in the general MSU Photograph Collection. Also includes are bound volumes of the Spartan Engineer (Serial 652) for 1948-1952, 1954-1961, as well as other College of Engineering serials and published and unpublished annual reports from 1908-1998.

The Electronic Resources includes correspondence in the form of an e-mail memo and attachment.

Dates

  • 1913 - 2017

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

The Engineering College was founded in 1907 as the Engineering Division to teach mechanics as it related to agriculture. As the division expanded, an attempt was made (1916) to move the engineering division to Ann Arbor. With the financial backing of R. E. Olds, an engineering building was constructed, and all attempts to move the division collapsed. In 1944 the name was changed to the Engineering school, and in 1955 was renamed again as the Engineering College.

Extent

2 Cubic Feet (plus 9 volumes)

Language of Materials

English

Legal Status

Copyright: Michigan State University.

Property Rights: Michigan State University.
Title
College of Engineering Records
Status
3 Ready For Cataloging
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Michigan State University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330