Counseling Center records
Scope and Contents
The Counseling Center records contain career-related publications and counselor training information, records of counseling clinics (1952-1956), "Proceedings of the 25th Anniversary Share-in" (1970), and a survey of community college transfer students at Michigan State University (1957). Also included is “The Story of the Top 1% of the Women at Michigan State University” by Dorothy Rose (1963), which is a report of a study of freshman women who placed in the top 1% of their orientation test battery. The collection also contains brochures about the Counseling Center, flyers about workshops and “Origins and Development of Current Functions and Services 1946-1971” by Beatrice Moore.
- 1952 - 2011
- Michigan State University. Counseling Center (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Counseling Center opened in 1946 along with the Basic College and the Board of Examiners. The Dean of Students administered the Counseling Center until 1964 when the Dean of Students changed its name to the Vice President of Student Affairs. Student Affairs continues to administer the Counseling Center today.
1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Michigan State University. Counseling Center (Donor, Organization)
- Counseling Center Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US