Skip to main content

Women's Student Council records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-12.1.5

Scope and Content

This collection contains a volume of meeting minutes from 1917 to 1934 and the constitution of the Women's Student Council. Also included are issues of Fem magazine from 2009-2010, flyers, and email meeting announcements for 2009-2010.

Dates

  • 1917 - 2010
  • Majority of material found within 1917 - 1934

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

The Women’s Student Council was the governing body of Michigan Agricultural College’s co-eds. This body proposed rules for the female students as well as decided punishment for infractions of the college rules. The group went through several name changes during its history including the Women’s Self-Government Association in the early 1920s when the group expanded to include representatives from other women’s groups. The name changed to the Associated Women Students' Council in the late 1920s. All women students were members of this association and it sponsored several social events every year.

Starting in the 1970s, the group was generally called the Women’s Council and was a department within the Associated Students of MSU (ASMSU).

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet (, 3 folders, 1 volume)

Language of Materials

English

Legal Status

Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply.

Property Rights: Michigan State University.
Title
Women's Student Council Records
Status
4 Published And Cataloged
Author
D. Palazzola
Date
September 2006
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Michigan State University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330