Harry S. Wilt papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of publications concerned with the field of agriculture including Quarterly of the Alpha Zeta, the magazine for the agriculture fraternity which contains updates by schools.
Scribener’s Lumber and Log Book gives tables for measurements and guides for aspects of the lumber trade.
Notable is the catalog for W.S. Hannah and Sons Poultry, a business owned by the father of MSU President John Hannah.
- 1882 - 1948
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Harry Stanley Wilt was born on June 7, 1910 in Coleman, Isabella County, Michigan. He married Louise Gertrude Samuelson and had three children; Linda Louise, Larry Page and John Reed. Wilt earned his B.S. from Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) in 1937 and his M.S. in 1950 in Agriculture. As an undergraduate, he was the president of Block and Bridle, the Secretary-Treasurer of the Agriculture Council, a member of the Dairy Cattle Judging Team, the Animal Husbandry Judging Team, and Alpha Zeta. Wilt taught vocational agriculture from 1937-1939 at McBain High School. He was the Shiawassee County Agriculture Extension Agent until his retirement on July 1, 1972.
0.25 Cubic Feet (, 5 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Agricultural machinery -- Catalogs
- Alpha Zeta. Kedzie Chapter (Michigan State University)
- John Deere tractors
- Lumber trade
- Michigan State Fair -- Form subdivision--Periodicals.;
- Michigan State University. Cooperative Extension Service
- Serial publications
- State news (East Lansing, Mich.)
- Harry S. Wilt Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US