Skip to main content

Forestry Club records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-12.3.2

Scope and Content

This collection contains a minute book with the constitution and by laws of the club at its creation, attendance rolls and minutes of the meetings. The minutes for 1912-1913 contain receipts, and dues as well as meeting information. The papers folder contains a financial statement of the club and correspondence with the Intercollegiate Association of Forestry Clubs. Also included is a newsletter from 1967.

Dates

  • 1903 - 1967

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

The MSU Forestry Club was established in 1903 under the name of MAC Foresters. The club's original purpose was to promote the interests of forestry. The club later printed the Backlog, Pine Needles and starting in 1955, the Michigan State Forester. The club is still active today.

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet (, 5 folders)

Language of Materials

English

Legal Status

Copyright: Michigan State University.

Property Rights: Michigan State University.
Title
Forestry Club Records
Status
4 Published And Cataloged
Author
D. Palazzola
Date
October 2005
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the Michigan State University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330