Forestry Club records
Scope and Content
This collection contains a minute book with the constitution and by laws of the club at its creation, attendance rolls and minutes of the meetings. The minutes for 1912-1913 contain receipts, and dues as well as meeting information. The papers folder contains a financial statement of the club and correspondence with the Intercollegiate Association of Forestry Clubs. Also included is a newsletter from 1967.
- 1903 - 1967
- Michigan State University. Forestry Club (Donor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The MSU Forestry Club was established in 1903 under the name of MAC Foresters. The club's original purpose was to promote the interests of forestry. The club later printed the Backlog, Pine Needles and starting in 1955, the Michigan State Forester. The club is still active today.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 5 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Societies and clubs
- Forests and forestry -- Michigan
- Intercollegiate Association of Forestry Clubs
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Forestry Club
- Michigan State University. Students. Societies, etc
- Minutes (Records)
- Forestry Club Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- D. Palazzola
- October 2005
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US