Arne Gerald Kettunen papers
Scope and Contents
The Arne Kettunen papers include correspondence, printed materials on extension programs and committees, and information on youth activities, as well as correspondence relating to several hunting and fishing trips taken with various members of the Cooperative Extension Service. Of special interest is his work with the Finnish Relief Fund and Finnish Extension Program. His scrapbook contains material relating to his years as a student at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University). It includes postcards, photographs, class rivalry posters from the Classes of 1916 and 1917, newspaper clippings, letters, report cards, tickets, athletic schedules, and ribbons.
- 1913 - 1957
- Kettunen, Arne Gerald (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Arne Gerald “Kett” Kettunen, from Ishpeming, Michigan, received his B.S. in Agriculture from Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1917. He was a member of the Eunomian Society, Alpha Zeta Fraternity, the Farmers’ Club, Varsity Debate, the J-Hop Committee, and Student Council while at M.A.C. From 1917 to 1956, he served in various capacities for the Cooperative Extension Service including Assistant Director, 4-H Club Programs; Assistant Leader, Upper and Lower Peninsula; and State Leader.
0.3 Cubic Feet (, 1 volume)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- 4-H clubs -- Michigan
- Alpha Zeta. Kedzie Chapter (Michigan State University)
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Finnish Relief Fund
- Hunting -- Michigan
- Ishpeming (Mich.)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Eunomian Literary Society
- Michigan Agricultural College. Extension Division
- Michigan Agricultural College. Student Council
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students
- Michigan State College. Cooperative Extension Service
- Arne G. Kettunen Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.