Committee on the Future of the University records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains drafts of reports written by the subcommittees. These drafts are found in Files 1 through 51, Box 457 and File 1, Box 458. As none of the drafts are dated, it is not possible to place the contents of any file in evolutionary sequence with any degree of certainty. Consequently, there was no attempt to order the various drafts.
Box 458, Files 2-24, contain information which apparently was used in the drafting of the report. Files 25 through 27, Box 458, contain a draft of the progress report written by the Committee to the President. File 28, Box 458 and File 1, Box 457, contain copies of the finished report republished in 1969.
- 1956 - 1961
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Committee on the Future of the University was appointed by President John A. Hannah on or about January 16, 1959. The committee was divided into subcommittees, each charged with the task of investigating a particular subject more fully. These subcommittees investigated changes to be made in University organization and administrative procedures, undergraduate and graduate programs, research, off-campus programs, international programs, physical education, and ROTC, as well as the faculty and the University.
1.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Education, Higher -- Michigan
- Hannah, John A., 1902-1991
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan State University. Department of Military Science -- Chronological subdivision--1959-1969;
- Michigan State University. Department of Physical Education -- Chronological subdivision--1959-1969;
- Minutes (administrative records)
- Michigan State University Committee on the Future of the University Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Walter Adams
- August 1983
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.