Faculty Village records
Scope and Contents
The records in the General Files contain correspondence from representatives and board members of Faculty Village, handwritten notes, one "Teachers Union News" newsletter from February 1948, lecture notices, and announcements from the Board of Representatives. The Various Reports folder contains summaries of reports submitted to the Board of Representatives of Faculty Village by the health committee and play yard committee. It also includes a report from the Board of Representatives about their first term.
- 1947 - 1950
- Michigan State University. Faculty Village (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Faculty Village was started in 1947 by the faculty living in prefabricated and Quonset housing on the campus of Michigan State College (now University). They defined their membership area to the housing units bounded by Harrison Road, Willow Lane, Birch Road and Shaw Lane. It was established to formally address any concerns that arose within the community and to work with the college.
0.25 Cubic Feet (, 8 folders)
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Faculty Village Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.