Golf (Intercollegiate Athletics) records
Scope and Contents
The Intercollegiate Athletics Golf Collection consists of a Big Ten Championship programs from 1960 and 1969 and a letter to a women’s golf recruit.
- 1960 - 1981
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
In 1920, MSU built a nine-hole golf course now occupied by Spartan Stadium, IM West, Demonstration Hall, Jenison Field House and the parking lots between the stadium and the Red Cedar River. The 1928 team became the first team to play a regular intercollegiate schedule, winning six meets and losing two, despite having no coach. Golf became a minor sport in 1931 and continued to play matches at Groesbeck, Lansing Country Club, and Walnut Hills Country Club, until Forest Akers Golf Course was built in 1958.
0.1 Cubic Feet (, 3 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Golf (Intercollegiate Athletics) Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- K. Grimm
- June 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US