Central Stenographic Department records
Scope and Contents
Records of Office Services consist of stenographic examinations (1939-1947) and correspondence (1942-1966). Correspondents include L. Glander, Harlan Kirk, and Karl McDonel.
- 1939 - 1966
- Michigan State University. Office Services (Organization)
- Michigan State College. Central Stenographic Department (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Since its inception in 1944, Office Services has been responsible to the Vice President for Finance and Operations and Treasurer, except for a period between 1946 and 1960, in which it reported to the Secretary. Office Services has also been known as the Central Stenographic Department.
1.3 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- Glander, Leonard H. (Correspondent)
- Kirk, Harlan S. (Correspondent)
- Letters (correspondence)
- McDonel, Karl H. (Karl Hanchett) (Correspondent)
- Shorthand -- Examinations
- Central Stenographic Department Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US