School of Criminal Justice records
Scope and Contents
The records contain seminar brochures, research reports, curriculum materials, and The Contact newsletter from the Alpha Phi Sigma student organization. There are also a number of materials from the German Police Leader and Specialist program. Also include is an article and brochures about the school’s 50th anniversary celebration (Golden Jubilee) in 1985.
- 1935 - 1996
- Michigan State University. School of Criminal Justice (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research except for one restricted folder.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
In 1935, the Police Administration course was formed in the Division of Applied Science. In 1956, the name changed to the School of Police Administration and Public Safety. As the program grew and focused on more aspects of policing, the name was changed in 1970 to the School of Criminal Justice.
1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Annual reports
- Course materials
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- Study and teaching
- Michigan State University. Faculty
- Michigan State University. School of Criminal Justice
- Police -- Education (Higher)
- Police training
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty
- Video recordings
- Brandstatter, A. F. (Arthur F.) (Donor, Person)
- Michigan State University. School of Criminal Justice (Donor, Organization)
- School of Criminal Justice Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.