Skip to main content

Spartan (formerly called the MSU Alumni Magazine) (UA 10.2)

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Serial-00018

Dates

  • 1955 - 2021

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

From 1955 to 1962, the magazine was titled The Michigan State University Magazine. From 1963 to 1967, it was The Michigan State University Alumni Magazine, and from 1967 to 1982 The Michigan State University Alumni Association Magazine. In 1983, the name changed to MSU Alumni Magazine, and restarted the numbering of volumes at 1. The name was changed to Spartan starting with the Fall 2017 issue, and the volume numbering was once again restarted at 1.

Extent

4 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

English

Related Archival Materials

See also: Alumni Association Records (UA.10.2). The Alumni Association's publication from 1896 to 1955, the M.A.C. Record/MSC Record/The Record, is Serial 00048.

Legal Status

Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Title
MSU Alumni Magazine
Status
3 Ready For Cataloging
Date
September 2012
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330