Guy G. Speeker papers
Scope and Content
The Guy Speeker papers contain gradebooks for mathematics and physics classes that Speeker taught at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University). Also included are letters of recommendation for Speeker, correspondence from Speeker as dormitory inspector and correspondence regarding World War I. There is a newspaper clipping about the resignation of M.A.C. President Jonathan Snyder and postcards of M.A.C. students and faculty.
- 1912 - 1948
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Gradebooks in folders 31, 32, 33 are restricted for seventy-five years after date of their creation.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Biographical / Historical
Guy G. Speeker was born in Indiana. He received his A.B. and A.M. from Indiana University. He joined the faculty at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1912 as a mathematics instructor. Speeker retired on June 30, 1946 as an associate professor.
0.8 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Draft registration -- Michigan
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students
- Michigan State University. Faculty
- Snyder, Jonathan LeMoyne
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty
- Universities and colleges -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- World War, 1914-1918
- Guy G. Speeker Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.