Clarence L. Vinge papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consist of a history of the Geography Department at Michigan State University entitled, "Geography at M.S.U.--the Early Years," written by Clarence L. Vinge, professor emeritus in geography. It focuses primarily on the period from 1930 to 1955.
- Vinge, Clarence L. (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Clarence L. Vinge was born in Ishpeming, Michigan on December 30, 1915. He earned his B.A. in 1938 from Northern Michigan University. He acquired his Ph.D. in geography in 1946 from the University of Wisconsin. He was a professor of geography at Michigan State University from 1947 to 1976. He died January 15, 1998.
0.1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Geography -- Study and teaching
- Michigan State University. Department of Geography -- General subdivision--History;
- Clarence L. Vinge Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- M. Patton
- May 1982
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.