Mr. and Mrs. Hubert Brown collection
Scope and Contents
The Mr. and Mrs. Hubert Brown collection contains photographs and glass negatives of Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University). Images include a garage on the site where College Hall stood, the train station/depot on campus, the power house, and student cap night from 1923.
- 1922 - 1930
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Hubert M. Brown came to Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1921 as a graduate assistant in farm crops. In 1923, he became a research assistant and instructor in farm crops. In 1941, he was promoted to assistant professor. Brown retired in 1965.
Hubert Brown married Marian Pratt in 1926. Her father, Mr. Pratt, took the photographs.
0.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Transferred by Mr. and Mrs. Hubert Brown on 8-15-1977.
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College buildings -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Farm Lane (East Lansing, Mich.)
- Glass plate negatives
- Michigan Agricultural College. Buildings
- Michigan Agricultural College. Cap Night
- Michigan Agricultural College. Students
- Michigan State College. Buildings
- Michigan State College. Football
- Red Cedar River (Mich.)
- Roads -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Mr. and Mrs. Hubert Brown Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- January 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.