Skip to main content

University Architect and Chairman of the Building Committee records

 Record Group
Identifier: UA-4.9

Scope and Contents

The collection includes annual reports of the University Architect (1957-1963; 1970-1971).

Dates

  • 1957 - 1971

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.

Historical Note

The Office of University Architect was created in 1956, under the supervision of the Office of the President (1956-1960). After being administered by a variety of offices, since 1978 the Architect has reported to Facilities Planning and Space Management. During 1968 and 1969, architects were simply employees of the Construction Department of the Physical Plant. The Architect has also been known as the Supervisory Architect (1956-1962), the Architectural Planning Unit (1962-1964), and the University Architect and Chairman of the Building Committee (1969-1972).

Extent

0.1 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

English

Legal Status

Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.

Title
University Architect and Chairman of the Building Committee Records
Status
4 Published And Cataloged
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
Finding aid written in English.

Repository Details

Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository

Contact:
Conrad Hall
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US
517-355-2330