Cosmopolitan Club records
Collection — Box: 2071H
Scope and Content
This collection consists of two volumes. The treasurer's book has the group’s accounts from 1926 to 1935.There is also the secretary’s book from 1920 to 1935 with meeting minutes, member rolls and election results.
- 1920 - 1935
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
The Cosmopolitan Club was a co-ed organization that was formed in 1910 at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University). Its goal was to integrate foreign students into life at M.A.C. Their motto was “Above all Nations is Humanity.” Membership was open to both American and foreign students. In the early 20th century, several African-American students joined this club as membership in other social organizations was denied to them. The Cosmopolitan Club was a chapter in a national organization of such clubs at other colleges and universities. Common activities for the club included plays and talks about life in other countries. After the construction of the People’s Church in East Lansing, this club often met there. The club was reorganized in 1920 and was defunct in 1935.
0.4 Cubic Feet (2 volumes)
Language of Materials
Transferred by Madison Kuhn to the University Archives.
Copyright: Michigan State University. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Cosmopolitan Club Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.