1907 Semi-Centennial records
Scope and Contents
Materials in this collection consist of correspondence, replies to invitations, cards of delegates who attended, programs and miscellaneous papers pertaining to specific events, various newspapers (primarily Michigan) from early 1907, and a certificate of congratulation (1907).
The collection also contains postcards and photographs.
- 1906 - 1908
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
This collection represents materials of the organization and presentation of celebrations commemorating the Semi-Centennial Anniversary of Michigan Agricultural College (1857-1907) held May 29-31, 1907.
0.66 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
The materials are organized into six series: 1. Correspondence; 2. Replies to invitations; 3. Cards of Delegates; 4. Programs; 5. Newspapers; 6. Certificates. The correspondence and programs are arranged chronologically, and the replies to invitations, cards of delegates and newspapers are arranged alphabetically. Newspapers are arranged alphabetically by title.
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply. Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Commencement ceremonies -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Faculty
- Michigan State University. Anniversaries, etc.
- Programs (Publications)
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty
- 1907 Semi-Centennial Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Wm. McDaid
- March 1982
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.