Beta Theta Pi records
Scope and Contents
This collection contains photocopies of records of the Beta Theta Pi chapter at Michigan State University. There is a copy of the formal petition by Beta Tau to Beta Theta Pi, and their subsequent filing of paperwork to become a nonprofit organization. Also contained are dinner programs, reports on the chapter house reconstruction, and a pledge manual, Son of the Stars. Finally there is a collection of various reports and correspondence by chapter members.
- 1950 - 1979
- Majority of material found within 1950 - 1970
- Beta Theta Pi. Gamma Psi chapter. Michigan State University (Donor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
In 1948, Beta Tau petitioned to become a chapter of the Beta Theta Pi fraternity. They were formally admitted in 1950 and became the Gamma Psi Chapter at Michigan State University. The chapter was disbanded by the National Board of Beta Theta Pi in 2007 due to violations including the use of alcohol in the fraternity house. In December 2007, the house was declared unlivable by the city of East Lansing because of several health code violations which had occurred since the chapter disbanded.
0.25 Cubic Feet (6 folders)
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University
Property Rights: Michigan State University
- Beta Theta Pi Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- M. Louzon
- January 2009
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US