Graduate School records
Scope and Contents
These records consist mainly of promotional and guidance material from the Graduate School. These include brochures, student resource guides, application form, Committee on Aging newsletter, British Studies newsletter and guides for preparing thesis and dissertations. There are also some documents relating to the organization of the Graduate School, and information on TA and AA collective bargaining. Also included are published annual reports for 1945 to 1957 and unpublished annual reports for 1953 to 1975.
The Electronic Resources includes an e-mail memo about the 20th anniversary of the Graduate School and the grand opening of the newly renovated Chittenden Hall.
- circa 1941-2014
- Michigan State University. Graduate School (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
At Michigan State University, graduate classes have been offered from at least 1861. The first graduate degree offered was a masters of science degree. The Graduate School was created in 1928. Its name was changed in 1944 to the Graduate Studies School, in 1955 to the Advanced Graduate Studies School, and in 1975 back to its original name, Graduate School.
0.5 Cubic Feet (, 19 folders)
Language of Materials
Donor(s) have transferred any applicable copyright to Michigan State University but the collection may contain third-party materials for which copyright was not transferred. Copyright restrictions may apply.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Michigan State University. Graduate School (Donor, Organization)
- Graduate School Records
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- E. Dawson-Baglien
- October 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US