Frank Mitchell collection
Scope and Content
The Frank Mitchell collection contains an alumni program for 1907, articles and obituaries about Mitchell and photograph of the Michigan State University campus. The photographs include campus buildings and scenes, class rivalry and pranks, fields, generators, power plant, the Red Cedar river including images of flooding. Also included are images with Lyman Frimodig, Frank Mitchell, and MSU and Ohio State baseball coaches.
- 1897 - 1964
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Frank Mitchell came to MSU in 1897 as a student. He attended for a year an half before he had to leave due to family issues. He came back to MSU in 1899 as an employee in the steam and water department. Mitchell retired in 1945 as Foreman, Electrical Division, Buildings and Utilities. He died in June 1964.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Gift of Jim Klunzinger.
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Farm Lane (East Lansing, Mich.)
- Michigan Agricultural College. Class rivalry
- Michigan State College. Howard Terrace
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Dairy Building
- Michigan State University. Buildings. Old Horticulture
- Michigan State University. College Hall
- Michigan State University. Faculty Row
- Red Cedar River (Mich.)
- Frank Mitchell Collection
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- July 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.