Oliver Dales collection
Scope and Contents
The Oliver Dales collection consists of glass plate negatives. The negatives include images of Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) circa 1899. Images include athletics, military science, campus grounds, unidentified people, class rivalry activities, and dormitory scenes. There are also images of buildings including Linton Hall as the library, interior shot of Williams Hall, interior of a greenhouse, machine shop, and possibly faculty row. In addition there are negatives of people and scenes with people that are probably not associated with Michigan Agricultural College.
- circa 1899
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Oliver Dean Dales was from Chesaning, Michigan. He attended at Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) in 1899 and was enrolled in the mechanical course.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Gift of Oliver D. Dales.
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College athletes -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Dormitory life -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Michigan Agricultural College
- Michigan Agricultural College. Class rivalry
- Michigan Agricultural College. Department of Military Science
- Michigan State University. Students
- Oliver Dales Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- S. Roberts
- March 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.