James W. Faulkner collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of photographs and negatives from Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) dating to 1948 of the stadium rededication and the MSC-UM football Game, the Spring Parade and Water Carnival, a spring flood on the Red Cedar River, a ROTC Unit, and MSC buildings, including construction on the Union building, the Physics-Astronomy Building, Beaumont Tower, the Auditorium, the library (present-day Museum), Mason Hall, the Music building (labelled as Home Management), the Natural Science building (labelled as Berkey), and North Kedzie Hall.
- 1947 - 1948
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
James W. Faulkner was born in Royal Oak, Michigan in 1926. He graduated from Grosse Pointe High School in 1944, and enlisted in the Army Air Force.
He graduated in 1949 from Michigan State College (now Michigan State University) where he met his wife Barbara. Faulkner worked in the advertising field in Detroit for 15 years. After moving to Lansing, he became a high school teacher at Everett High School from 1966 to 1988. After retirement, Faulkner taught as an adjunct professor in journalism at Michigan State. He passed away in 2016.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Faulkner, James W. (Donor, Person)
- James W. Faulkner collection
- 3 Ready For Cataloging
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University Archives and Historical Collections Repository
943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing MI 48824 US