John and Helen Knecht scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of the student scrapbooks of John Wesley Knecht and Helen Louise Norton who later married. Helen's scrapbooks contains dance cards, event programs, photos of campus and people, information about her classes, flyers for pep rallies, college circus program, notice about small pox from 1910 and a note from Maud Gilchrist say that Helen is not working hard enough at her studies.
John Knechts scrapbook contains photos of athletics including football, baseball, track and basketball. Also included is a photo of a stacked room in Wells Hall, a train stuck in the snow, photos of campus and buildings, photos of students and also a 1911 calendar.
A 1911 yearbook came with this collection and was put in storage. A copy of the 1911 yearbook can be found in the reading room.
- 1907-1913, 1921, Undated
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
John Knecht graduated in 1911 with a B.S. in Engineering. At the time he entered Michigan Agricultural College (now Michigan State University) he was from the Grand Rapids, Michigan. Helen Louise Norton graduated in 1912 with a B.S. Home Economics. At the time she entered M.A.C. she was from the Howell, Michigan area. They were married on October 9, 1912.
1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- College campuses -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- College students -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- Dance cards
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan Agricultural College
- Michigan State University. Athletics. Baseball
- Michigan State University. Athletics. Track and field
- Michigan State University. Buildings
- Michigan State University. Football
- Michigan State University. Sports
- Michigan State University. Sports. Basketball
- Michigan State University. Students
- Students -- Societies, etc.
- John and Helen Knecht Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.