Motor Wheel Corporation collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains bi-weekly newspapers printed for the employees of Motor Wheel Corporation. In addition to news about employees and the company, there is information about Lansing, Michigan. Of particular interest are the papers from the World War II era. The newspaper was named The Spokesman when the Motor Wheel Corporation became a subsidiary company of Goodyear Tire.
- 1937 - 1986
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Motor Wheel Corporation was formed in 1920 as the result of a merger of the Prudden Wheel Company and Gier Pressed Steel and Auto Wheel. By 1934, Motor Wheel controlled approximately a third of all wheel production in the United States. It was a major manufacturer in Lansing and in Michigan. Motor Wheel was purchased by Goodyear Tire in 1964. The Motor Wheel Plant at 725 E. Saginaw St, Lansing was closed in 1975.
3 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Motor Wheel Corporation Collection
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Edition statement
- [Notice to Former Motor Wheel Employees: For questions about pensions, please contact the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. Phone: 1-800-400-7242, Website: pbgc.gov, Email: email@example.com.]