American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan records
Scope and Content
The American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan records contains the Federal Communications Commission case proceedings of ACLU vs Gross Telecasting, Inc. which owned WJIM, WJIM-FM and WJIM-TV. The ACLU claimed Gross Telecasting, Inc. committed violations such as failure to make their license renewal public, clipping the credits of movies to show local news and commercials, and distortion of the news. The records contain transcripts of the proceedings, briefs, and appeals.
- 1974 - 1983
- American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan. Lansing Branch (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
9 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan Records
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- December 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.