Charles Westie papers
Scope and Contents
Charles Westie papers consist of publications and newspapers about Michigan State University's Centennial. In addition, the collections also holds Continuing Education publications and other MSU publications. Non-MSU publications related to continuing education are also included, as well as questionaries used for a railroad survey that Westie created. The railroad surveys are part of the data Westie used to complete his 1953 dissertation, "Reactions of Railroad Workers to a Major Technological Change." An East Lansing High School yearbook is also part of the collection.
- 1921 - 1971
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from this collection must be obtained from University Archives & Historical Collections, Michigan State University.
Charles Westie was an Assistant Professor of Sociology and the Director of Research for Continuing Education Services at Michigan State University from 1953-1956.
1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Gift of Elizabeth Westie.
Copyright: Michigan State University.
Property Rights: Michigan State University.
- Centennial of Farm Mechanization Trade Fair (1955 : East Lansing, Mich.)
- Continuing education -- Michigan -- East Lansing
- East Lansing (Mich.)
- Letters (correspondence)
- Michigan State College. Extension Service
- Michigan State University. Centennial Planning Commission
- Michigan State University. Centennial celebrations, etc
- Michigan State University. Continuing Education Service
- Railroads -- Employees
- Charles Westie Papers
- 4 Published And Cataloged
- A. Conell
- February 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.